Connect With Experience
Successful Canadian companies know that growth in foreign markets will yield beneﬁts at home, yet almost half of mid-sized ﬁrm donʼt have the information they need to be successful abroad.
In comparison, almost 90% of large Canadian companies do.
To help bridge this knowledge gap, OG100 creates the environment for business leaders of enterprising mid-sized Ontario companies to accelerate growth by connecting them with some of Canada’s most successful CEOs.
The Ontario Global 100 (OG100) model is simple.
We connect CEOs from successful, medium-sized companies together with todayʼs top business leaders so they can learn directly from those who have already faced the challenges of growing a company, expanding into foreign markets or managing global supply chains.
Our Builder class includes the Presidents and CEOs of leading Canadian companies, including: EllisDon, Magna, TMMC, OpenText and many more. Our members have the knowledge and know-how, and a desire to share it.
The OG100 Story
Inspired by a similar network in Quebec, (Quebec Global 100), OG100 was incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act on March 17, 2015 and Chaired by Donald H. Morrison. OG100 is a business mentorship organization that supports the next generation of Ontario’s global leaders.
- The inaugural Symposium takes place in Stratford, ON and is a resounding success. The weekend retreat is established as OG100’s annual flagship event, which all members and partners are encouraged to attend. The access to thought leaders and decision makers and the ability to network at this yearly event is unmatched.
- The Symposium proves so successful that a one-day conference (Semi-annual Symposium) is added to the programming suite.
- OG100 staff grows to four.
Geoff Smith, President & CEO of EllisDon, becomes the new Chair of the board. The board of directors also grows to 10 members. OG100 thanks long-standing board members Neil McLaughlin, Sandra Pupatello and Ray Tanguay for their service.
- As in previous years, events are held province-wide to accommodate the membership base spread across Ontario. To react to the ongoing pandemic, OG100 has also introduced online events and a hybrid model of in-person and virtual events. Using this model, OG100 held 25 events in 2019/20, and experienced the highest attendance ratings to date.
- OG100 thanks long-standing board member Tom Jenkins for his service.
- OG100 also enhances its brand in 2020 to reflect the network’s growth over the past five years. The Founding Members have transitioned to Builders, and new members join the network regularly.
- OG100 continues to connect Ontario’s next generation of global leaders with experience.