Connect With Experience
Successful Canadian companies know that growth in foreign markets will yield beneﬁts at home, yet almost half of mid-sized ﬁrm donʼt have the information they need to be successful abroad.
In comparison, almost 90% of large Canadian companies do.
To help bridge this knowledge gap, OG100 creates the environment for business leaders of enterprising mid-sized Ontario companies to accelerate growth by connecting them with some of Canada’s most successful CEOs.
The Ontario Global 100 (OG100) model is simple.
We connect CEOs from successful, medium-sized companies together with todayʼs top business leaders so they can learn directly from those who have already faced the challenges of growing a company, expanding into foreign markets or managing global supply chains.
Our Builder class includes the Presidents and CEOs of leading Canadian companies, including: EllisDon, Martinrea International, TMMC, OpenText, Siemens Canada and many more. Our members have the knowledge and know-how, and a desire to share it.
The OG100 Story
Ontario Global 100 is established with support from the Trillium Network for Advanced Manufacturing
- Inspired by a similar network in Quebec, (Quebec Global 100), OG100 was incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act on March 17, 2015 and Chaired by Donald H. Morrison.
- OG100 is a business mentorship organization that supports the next generation of Ontario’s global leaders.
OG100 hosts first flagship event – the Annual Symposium
- The inaugural Symposium takes place in Stratford, ON and is a resounding success. The weekend retreat is established as OG100’s annual flagship event, which all members and partners are encouraged to attend. The access to thought leaders and decision makers and the ability to network at this yearly event is unmatched.
- The Symposium proves so successful that a one-day conference (Semi-annual Symposium) is added to the programming suite.
- OG100 staff grows to four.
The Board of Directors expands
- Geoff Smith, President & CEO of EllisDon, becomes the new Chair of the board. The board of directors also grows to 10 directors.
- OG100 thanks Founding Chair, Tom Jenkins for his leadership and service as he steps down from the Board of Directors.
- OG100 thanks long-standing board members Neil McLaughlin, Sandra Pupatello and Ray Tanguay for their service.
OG100 delivers record amount of events in a programming year with highest attendance rates
- Using a new hybrid model, OG100 held 25 events in 2019/20, and experienced the highest attendance ratings to date.
- The OG100 brand is enhanced to reflect the network’s growth over the first five years. The Founding Members have transitioned to Builders, and new members join the network regularly.
OG100 becomes a Regional Sponsor and introduces new content
- OG100 becomes a proud regional sponsor of EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year, Ontario program and is connecting with dynamic, ambitious, and unstoppable entrepreneurs as a result.
- OG100 delivers 17 events, including a new staple: the OG100 Golf Day at the exclusive Redtail Golf Course. OG100 also welcomed many speakers to the network, including: Lisa Lisson (President, FedEx Canada), Linda Hasenfratz (CEO, Linamar), Michael McCain (CEO, Maple Leaf Foods) and David Cote (former CEO and Chairman, Honeywell)
- OG100 thanks long-standing board members Paul Boothe and Fred Volf for their service.
OG100 hosts CEO Summit & launch of Economic Quarterly
- 24 events delivered including the 2022 CEO Summit: Unlock New Horizons, and intimate talks with: David Cohen (U.S. Ambassador to Canada), Curt Vossen (CEO, Richardson International), Dominic Barton (Former Canadian Ambassador to China), Rona Ambrose (Deputy Chairwoman, TD Securities and Former Leader of Canada’s Official Opposition), LGen Al Meinzinger (Commander of the RCAF), and Peter Mansbridge (Journalist and Author)
- OG100 partners with our financial institution Builder members to deliver a new publication: Economic Quarterly Commentary. This exclusive content offers an in-depth look at recent economic conditions with a lens specific to helping Ontario’s mid-sized companies make better-informed business decisions.